1. He is very happy and sweet. 他又高兴又甜蜜。
2. They didn’t know what to do with themselves for joy. 他们高兴得不知道怎么办好。
3. He jumped for fun. 他高兴得跳了起来。
4. Her face brightened up. 她喜形于色。
1. The smile on her face shone like a diamond.
2. His eyes twinkled with pleasure.
3. I was wild with joy.
4. I was pleased beyond description.
5. She wore a shining smile on her face.
6. Her smile lit up the whole room.
7. She shed tears of joy.
8. She was overflowing with happiness.
9. Her flushed face was shining with excitement.
10. I was floating on air.
1. The result is satisfactory. 结果令人满意。
2. It is difficult to please everybody. 众口难调。
3. There is always a smile of contentment on her face. 她脸上总是挂着心满意足的微笑。
4. She belongs to those who are very difficult to satisfy. 她属于那种极难讨好的人。
5. Seeing their task finished gives them a sense of satisfaction. 看到任务完成了，他们感到很满意。
1. I’m surprised to find you here. 在这里看到你我很奇怪。
2. It’s nothing to be surprised about. 这不值得大惊小怪。
3. To my surprise, he didn’t come yesterday. 令我吃惊的是他昨天没有来。
4. She looked at me in amazement. 她惊奇的看着我。
5. Her appearance fairly took my breath away. 她的美貌令我神魂颠倒。
6. Everyone looked at her in astonishment. 大家都惊讶地看着她。
1. He looks so sad. 他看起来很悲伤。
2. He is no stranger to sorrow. 他生活在悲伤中。
3. His sad story makes her feel pity. 他的悲惨经历使她深表同情。
4. His wife’s disease took away his appetite. 妻子的病令他茶饭不思。
5. The news depresses her. 这个消息让她愁苦。
1. He stood silently, tears rolling down his cheeks.
2. I feel like I am floating in an ocean of sadness.
3. Hearing the news, so desperate was he that he drowned sadness in wine.
4. She burst into tears and ran out of the room.
5. She sobbed, hiding her face in her hands.
6. I tried to fight back tears.
7. My eyes were filled with tears.
8. A frown（皱眉）now stood on his face.
9. These days he was in low spirits.
1. She was burning with anger. 她怒火中烧。
2. He easily loses his temper. 他很容易发脾气。
3. He was in a rage. 他大发雷霆。
4. She was red with anger. 她因为发怒脸涨得通红。
1. I was seized by anger.
2. His anger boiled over.
3. He could hardly/scarcely contain his rage.
4. His voice trembled with anger.
5. He gave me a look of burning anger.
6. He glared at me with burning eyes.
7. His face clouded with anger.
1. Touched deeply/immensely, we…
2. Tears filling her eyes, she offered her heartfelt gratitude.
3. With tears streaming down her face, she...
1. He turned to me, with his eyes full of horror.
2. She was struck with horror when...
3. She was choked by fear.
4. Her face turned pale and stood there tongue-tied.
5. Fear flooded over him.
6. Her heart beat so violently that she felt nearly suffocated（窒息）.
7. She shook all over, feeling like sitting on pins and needles.
He hung / dropped / lowered / bent / bowed his head in shame.
They nodded their heads in agreement.
She shook her head in disbelief.
He scratched his head, not understanding a word.
scratch [skrætʃ] v 抓；挠
She buried her head in the pillow.
She rested her head on his shoulder.
His head drooped and tears fell into his lap.
droop [dru:p] vi 低垂，垂落
I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
He put / held his head in his hands, greatly annoyed.
It never entered my head that he might be lying.
I decided to go for a walk to clear my head.
He could feel his head spinning after only one drink.
spin [spin] v 旋转；眩晕
He turned and headed for the door.
She stood up and headed towards the exit.
A bright smile appeared on / spread across / crossed his face.
Her face lit up / brightened / glowed when I gave her the present.
His face suddenly grew serious.
His face looked a little confused.
Jack’s face flushed / burned with embarrassment.
flush [flʌʃ] v 发红；脸红
Her face paled with fright.
He had a slight frown on his face.
frown [fraʊn] n 皱眉
He rested his cheek on her shoulder.
He felt his cheeks burning with shame.
Her cheeks were wet with tears.
Color rushed / flooded / rose to her cheeks when she realized she was being watched.
A tear slid down her cheek.
He kissed her on both cheeks and got on the train.
His eyes were wide with horror.
The dog’s hungry eyes fell on my sandwich.
He turned his eyes to the door when he heard the handle turning.
Tina shut her eyes tightly and bit her lip.
She looked her father straight in the eye and answered his question truthfully.
He seemed unwilling to meet my eyes.
His eyes grew wide / widened with horror at what she had done.
She laughed, her eyes shining with excitement.
Her eyes filled with tears.
She tried to sit up, her eyes fixed on Joan's face.
His eyes scanned the room as he entered.
Her eyes dropped to her lap as she answered.
Tears blurred her eyes / vision.
blur [blə:(r)] vt 使变模糊
I felt tears well up in my eyes.
She opened her mouth to say something.
He covered his mouth to hide his yawn.
Our mouths dropped open in surprise.
My mouth started watering when I smelled the food.
His mouth widened to a smile.
Suddenly a hand cupped her mouth.
A smile played around his mouth.
He straightened up and looked at me, open-mouthed.
My heart was in my mouth when I walked into her office.
She froze, her mouth hanging open.
She took the child’s hand and helped him climb the steps.
He reached for her hand and held it tightly.
They walked along, holding hands.
He held the key in his hand.
He grasped the rope with both hands.
He shook my hands as if we were long lost friends.
She smiled and held out / reached out a hand in welcome.
She put her hands to her cheeks in embarrassment.
Several students raised their hands to answer the question.
He slid his hands into his pockets.
She shrugged and spread her hands, "That’s all I can tell you."
Her hands shook as she lifted the glass to her lips.
A strong hand reached out and caught hold of her arm.
I cupped my hand over the phone so they couldn’t hear me.
He sat with his head in his hands.
They walked hand in hand along the path.
She crossed the finish line on tired legs.
He rose to his feet on shaky legs.
His legs were so weak that he could hardly stand.
She begins dancing, kicking her legs high in the air.
After the accident he had no feeling in his legs.
The mud stuck to her boots, making her feet heavy and her legs tired.
Jill crossed her legs and rested her chin on one fist, as if lost in deep thought.
He fell over this time, flat on his back with his legs wide.
She sank into an armchair and crossed her legs.
He got shakily to his feet.
She jumped to her feet when she heard the news.
She was tapping / stamping her feet impatiently.
She dragged her feet as she reluctantly followed her parents.
My feet slipped as I was about to shoot and I missed the ball.
They carried him out of the room with his feet kicking.
He shivered as his feet touched the cold floor.
He likes to put his feet up and watch TV when he gets home.
My heart is full of joy.
My heart is as sweet as honey.
The surface of the calm lake stirred the waves, and my mood was as cheerful as a wave.
I couldn’t restrain my joy and jumped into the house.
We were very pleased to hear this encouraging news.
He was delighted to receive such impressive recognition for his achievements.
be in tears 含泪
have tears in one’s eyes 眼里含着泪水
burst into tears 放声大哭，突然哭起来
fight back tears 抑制住泪水
be close to tears 快要哭了
He stood silently, tears rolling down his cheeks.
I feel like I am floating in an ocean of sadness.
Her hands were shaking. She was on the verge of tears.
It was a time of great sorrow.
Words cannot express my sorrow.
As he looked at Katherine, great sorrow clouded his eyes.
Their reunion after a long separation brought mixed feelings of joy and sorrow to them both.
This article brought back sad memories for me.
Separation from his friends made him sad.
fly off the handle 勃然大怒
lose one’s temper 发脾气
His anger has cooled.
He was tongue-tied with anger. His hands trembled and he shouted for half a day.
Ellen felt both despair and anger at her mother.
We expressed our disappointment, hurt and anger in the clearest possible way.
Andy’s face paled with disappointment; perhaps with anger as well.
He is just mad at me because I don’t want to go.
I’m sorry I struck you. I didn't mean to. It’s just that I was so mad.
Then she stood up, wrapping her coat around her angrily.
She looked at him with eyes flashing angrily.
She was too frightened to tell her family what had happened.
In a way, I suppose I’m frightened of failing.
His heart was pounding, as if he were frightened.
I was frightened, but excited at the same time.
Liza was so frightened that she couldn’t make a sound.
I got scared and I ran and left her all alone.
I have never been so scared in all my life.
Mollie told me what she’d done and I was really scared on her account.
I bowed my head timidly and dared not look at my father’s cloudy face.
My brain is blank. I just want to leave this horrible place.
The result is satisfactory.
It is difficult to please everybody.
There is always a smile of contentment on her face.
Seeing their task finished gives them a sense of satisfaction.
She seemed pleased at the suggestion.
I’m pleased with the way things have been going.
He glanced at her with a pleased smile.
Lucy’s face wore a satisfied expression.
It has been hard to adjust but now I’m getting satisfaction from my work.
We were all astonished at the unexpected news.
The audience was inexpressibly astonished at the brilliant performance.
A matter of repeated occurrence like this will not astonish people.
She was surprised that he had no words of blame for her.
Touched deeply , we…
With tears streaming down her face, she...
All those present to listen to her sad story were moved to tears.
I was greatly touched by what you told me.
It is very moving to see how much strangers can care for each other.
His speech was inspiring and touched my heart.
An idea flashed across his mind.
An idea formed in his mind.
An idea occurred to / hit / struck him.
He looked out of the window, biting his lips, as if thinking.
She was deep in thought and heard little of what was being said around her.
The opportunity had gone and his mind scrabbled for alternatives.
the blue sky 蓝天
the songs of birds 鸟鸣
the thundering clouds 雷霆万钧的云
the fragile flowers 娇嫩的花
the green grass 青草
the fragrant roses 芬芳的玫瑰
the setting / rising sun 落日 / 冉冉升起的太阳
Dark clouds were gathering in the sky.
The night sky was lit up by flashes of light.
The clouds had spread and nearly covered the entire sky.
The sun was now high in the southern sky.
The sun went in, and the breeze became cold.
The mist melted rapidly in the morning sun.
The mountain area is covered entirely in dense jungle.
We climbed up a winding track towards a mountain refuge.
The mountain top was covered with snow.
The region is uninhabited except for a few mountain villages.
Bathed in the sunshine and delighted by fantastic scenery, we headed for the destination.